ABOUT THE COMPANY
- Banjul Breweries Ltd. is the leading producer of beer and other non-alcoholic drinks in The Gambia.
- The company was incorporated in 1973 and started operations in 1977, and it is one of the oldest in The Gambia.
- As The Gambia’s only brewery, the company produces different varieties of beer namely Julbrew Beer (regular), Julbrew Export and Julbrew Draught. It also produces Castel Beer and Guinness.
- The Soft drink products include World Cola, The Youki Family (Pineapple, Orange, Grapefruit, Soda Water, Tonic, Cocktail de Fruits), La Gazelle Lemonade, Malta Tonic, Vimto and the widely-loved XXL energy drink.
- The brewery is largely dependent on the tourism industry.
- Banjul Breweries Ltd is owned by the Castel Group.
- At present, the company employs more than 150 Gambian staff and 3 expatriates.